Friday, January 17, 2014

DIY Craft Tower


If you read my previous "Thrifty Tuesday" post, I found this olive green McCoy bowl but discovered a chip in the bottom when I got home. I almost got rid of it but felt bad about it so I figured since it was damaged I could upcycle it!

 
I rummages around a bit in the basement and found a glass candlestick holder, and a silver tray. I had made this pincushion from an old teacup and some fabric using this super simple tutorial. Here is what I came up with! I found the candle stick worked great. Make sure to stack everything up before you attach it for good. That way you can make sure it will balance correctly. In this picture the silver tray looks the same size as the bowl...it's not! Choose a larger item to go on the bottom.
 
 
I use this adhesive which can be found at any hardware store. I really seriously doubt you should use this on any stand you plan to put food on. Since this is just going to hold craft supplies I am not worried about it!
 
Son of a gun I absolutely LOVE it! I think it looks pretty neato in it's new home, my workspace! What do you think of it? Please let me know by commenting below! Please share if you like this project! Also you can join my Thrifty Tuesday Pinterst board if you would like to share your thrifty finds with other Mama G's readers.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment