Thursday, December 9, 2010

Super quick Christmas ornament :)

Well I was stuck on the couch today with a super cute baby napping on me, and my crochet stuff within reach and this is what happened...

Kinda cute huh?  We  here is the pattern if you would like to make some.  I think I will make a bunch for our Scandanavian Christmas tree next year :)

Hook size: E (Yes it says F on Ravelry, but I realized I put the wrong size and can't figure out how to change it!  OOPS!  The smaller needle makes for a tighter ornament with better points.  If you use a bigger needle it get floppier)
Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver
Gauge: Not important (woohoo!)

Ch 4 and join with first chain to make loop.
Rd 1: ch 2, HDC in sm stitch and 2 HDC in each stitch around, join to 2nd ch of ch2
Rd 2: ch 2, HDC in sm stitch, *1 HDC in next stitch, 2 HDC in next stitch* Repeat ** around.  Join in 2nd ch of ch2.
Rd 3: *Slip stitch 1st stitch, sl st 2nd stitch, (sc, hdc, ch 2, hdc, sc) in next stitch* (I did not make a picot if you are wondering, I just let the ch2 be it's own space, I noticed on Ravelry someone said theirs turned out more like a flower.  If you want it to look like a star just try ch3, sl st in 1st ch of ch 3, instead of ch2.  I haven't done this myself, but will try to later today). Repeat ** around.  Join in first sl st.  Here I chained 14 and sl st in the sm stitch to use to hang the ornament.  You can use a metal ornament hook instead or you can loop some ribbon in one of the ch 2 spaces and use this as a gift topper.  Whatever takes your fancy!

You could whip up a ton of these as fast as you can!  Feel free to give or sell the finished project but please don't sell the pattern.  It is free for everyone's enjoyment!  I do not have a pattern tester so if you find a flaw let me know and I will correct it.  Hope you enjoy!

2 comments: